1904, Saturday 18 June. Clarence and Richmond Examiner (Grafton, NSW : 1889-1915) p.8.
Mr. Etheridge, Curator of tho Sydney Museum, recently visited the Clarence to obtain relics and other information respecting , the aborigines of the district, to be used in connection with a history of the Australian aboriginal natives which is being compiled. While here he visited Copmanhurst, and was the guest of Mr. Mavidge. Ho obtained photographs of carvings or inscriptions made by the blacks on rocks on the Upper Clarence. These will comprise some of the illustrations that will be produced with the publication of what will doubtless be an interesting work.